Thursday 23 February 2012

Six-month-a-versary



Suprabhatam from Chennai. This is my third visit to this disciplined, orderly and relatively clean city. All three times, I was here for work. Today I complete 6 months as an article/intern with audit firm Deloitte Haskins & Sells or, the cooler version, “Deloitte.” – notice the green dot; and one of our clients is Ashok Leyland Ltd. Anyway, back to the green dot - I’m pretty fascinated by it. One of the reasons influencing my choice of Deloitte for my internship - apart from the fact that it is among the top four audit firms of the world – is the appeal of this green dot. Initially, I assumed that it probably signified environmental consciousness; and despite my curiosity, I never bothered to verify my conjecture.Yesterday, however, my unasked question was answered by a senior here. The full-stop implies that Deloitte is a one-stop-shop for all your corporate needs. Green because, well, auditors like the color green. Although the “environmentally conscious” logic would’ve pleased me more, I like this explanation too.

Notice how I used the words “our client”? I like Deloitte. I like the feeling that I represent DHS. Additionally, atleast at my current assignment, I’m getting to learn truckloads; all the people around me are really helpful and co-operative. I may not have made any substantial or irreplaceable contribution to the audit just yet, but I hope to do soin my remaining 2.5 years as an intern. And I am confident that the people here will be rational enough to give me that opportunity. (No, unfortunately, none of my seniors are reading this blog.)

That’s it for now. Clerical crap awaits me this afternoon. Poittu Varen! (goodbye)
-Wannabe Wayfarer

2 comments:

  1. haha nice..congrats! Im sure you're getting to learn a truckload at Ashok Leyland Ltd !

    ReplyDelete